In the United States as of April 2005, veggie burgers became available in Burger King restaurants and those of its franchise Hungry Jack’s. As of that same time, they were also available in certain Subways and Harvey’s, as well as many chain restaurants, such as Red Robin, Chili’s, Denny’s, Friendly’s, Culvers, Johnny Rockets, and Hard Rock Cafe.
Occasionally the veggie burger option will appear at the bottom of a menu as a possible substitution for beef or turkey burgers, rather than as an individual menu item.
Enjoy a veggie burger at these locations:
- Friendly’s (switched from Boca Burger to Gardein)
- Wendy’s (Black Bean Burger) Veggie Burger in testing at 24 locations in 3 states | Sign the Petition
- Burger King (in addition to the BK Veggie Burger, they offer a Veggie Whopper – whopper minus meat — not advertised on menu but they can ring it up – if not, ask to speak w/manager)
- Rainforest Cafe
- The Cheesecake Factory
- Red Robin
- Cheeseburger in Paradise
- The Waynesburger
- Flamers Grill (my local spot closed – has anyone heard anything?
- Cheeburger Cheeburger
- TGI Friday’s
- Subway (offers a veggie patty – not noted on website)
- Johnny Rockets
- BJ’s Restaurant
- Hard Rock Cafe
Last Updated 2/6/16
Please see our new page here.